The Overland Park Soccer Complex
Touted as the nation’s largest turf soccer complex, the Overland Park Soccer Complex opened in September 2009 with great anticipation from the soccer world and has delivered an amazing facility. The 96-acre, $36 million project was booked for two years before it even opened and has already hosted the US Youth Soccer National Championships. This world-class facility delivers an over-the-top experience to youth soccer players, coaches, officials and spectators through tournaments, leagues and practice opportunities.
Conveniently located in the Midwest, it has lured national, regional, state and local tournaments to the site, with an estimated half million spectators expected to go through the gates in its first two years of operation. The facility boasts 12 lighted synthetic turf fields arranged in three pods that will allow for matches to play in almost any weather conditions; a centerpiece field house with offices, meeting space and locker rooms; three covered concession areas, and other amenities such as a skate park, playgrounds and basketball and tennis courts. Premier has been in on the ground level with this facility, creating its sponsorship platform and generating significant revenue through naming rights and sponsorships.
- To create an aggressive sponsorship strategy and then sell naming rights and corporate sponsorships to generate substantial revenue for this world-class soccer facility.
- City of Overland Park (client)
- WHB 810 Sports – America’s Largest Sports Radio Station (media partner)
- Create overall sponsorship strategy and packaging for facility
- Naming rights and sponsorship sales
- Serve as liaison between corporate sponsors and facility ownership (City of Overland Park)
- Negotiate deal with broadcast partner to secure air time to promote facility and its corporate sponsors
- Have surpassed client’s RFP expectations for sponsorship sales