The College Basketball Experience
The College Basketball Experience (CBE) is a state-of-the-art entertainment facility that contains hands-on, interactive basketball activities and houses the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame. The world-class attraction located in Kansas City features experiential exhibits that immerse fans in the game of basketball, as well as special tributes that celebrate the history of men’s collegiate basketball. It has been ranked as one of the top interactive facilities in the world by entertainment publications. Premier Sports was hired to help launch the CBE in 2007, including the development and execution of its marketing and PR plan. We also created the systems, pricing and sales plan for the marketing of the CBE as a private function space. With the CBE being part of the Sprint Center complex, Premier leveraged major events at the arena such as the Big 12 Basketball Tournament, NCAA Regionals, NBA exhibitions and selected concerts to create special promotions and activities at the CBE.
- To generate attendance and private functions at the College Basketball Experience through a comprehensive marketing and sales plan.
- National Association of Basketball Coaches (owner, client)
- Kansas City civic organizations (promotional partners)
- Created the infrastructure of the CBE as a private function space and marketed it to corporations, organizations and convention groups
- Worked with major events at Sprint Center for effective promotions
- Handled all media relations, press conferences and announcements
- Worked with NABC Board of Directors over two-year period to develop priorities and goals
- Surpassed the 100,000 mark in attendance and booked over 50 private functions in the CBE’s first year
- Created successful national awareness campaign that resulted in CBE being ranked 5th-best “interactive” facility in the world by Wired Magazine